Student Administration & Transfers
ONLINE STUDENT TRANSFER APPLICATIONS (You can begin filling out Feb. 1. DUE MARCH 10 at 5 p.m.):
Bryan ISD is a District of Choice, offering a broad variety of academic, athletic and career & technical education options to personalize and enhance your child’s education. We strive to provide a high quality educational environment that tailors to your student’s interests and meets high standards of statewide, college and career-prep expectations. The district welcomes in-district student transfers upon review of a student transfer application, and these transfers must be renewed annually.
The Transfer Window:
The student transfer window generally opens in early February and closes the Friday before spring break.
The Transfer Review Process:
A committee of district personnel will review each transfer request individually. Your child's personal circumstances are taken into consideration in determining the outcome of your request.
Criteria for Transfers and Revocations:
Once we receive a transfer application for an initial transfer request, or when considering revoking a student’s transfer, the Superintendent (or a designee) will consider the following:
- Enrollment at sending and receiving schools;
- Dependability of parent transportation;
- Number of requests in a school year;
- Academic history;
- Attendance history, including late arrivals and pickups;
- Discipline history;
- Previous attendance as a transfer student;
- Socioeconomic balance of the requested campus;
- Participation in extracurricular activities;
- Accuracy of the information submitted;
- Compliance with time lines established in campus handbooks; and
- Other criteria as noted on the transfer application.
If a student transfers to participate in a middle school magnet program, the District will provide transportation.
If the transfer occurs for other reasons, the student’s parent or guardian will be responsible for providing transportation to and from school.
Appeals should be made in writing to the Superintendent’s designee within ten days of receiving a “notice of denial or revocation.” A transfer appeal committee will review all appeals.
For more information about transfers and appeals, call 979-209-1084.