Federal Requirements (ESSA)
Federal Report Cards for the state, the district, and each of the district’s campuses are now available:
Each LEA that receives Title I, Part A funding is responsible for disseminating the State, LEA and campus-level report cards to 1) all LEA campuses, 2) to parents of all enrolled students, and 3) to make the information widely available through public means such as posting on the Internet, distribution to the media, or distribution through public agencies.
Information Included on the Federal Report Card:
- Part I: Student Achievement by Proficiency Level – Provides the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) performance results for each subject area and grade level tested.
- Part II: Student Achievement and State Academic Annual Measurable Objectives (AMOs) – Provides the STAAR performance results for each subject area tested. Also includes four-year and five-year graduation rates and participation rates on STAAR for reading/English and mathematics.
- Part III: Priority and Focus Schools – Priority schools are the lowest 5% of Title I served campuses based on performance in reading and mathematics and graduation rates. Focus schools are 10% of Title I served campuses, not already identified as priority schools, that have the widest gaps between student group performance and safeguard targets.
- Part IV: Teacher Quality Data – Provides information on teacher quality in three parts.
- Part A – Percent of Teachers by Highest Degree Held – Professional qualifications of all public elementary and secondary teachers in the Texas.
- Part B and C – Teachers with Emergency/Provisional Credentials, Highly Qualified (HQ) Teachers High Poverty/Low Poverty Summary Reports – Percentage of all public elementary and secondary school teachers teaching with emergency or provisional credentials, and the percentage of classes in the state not taught by highly qualified teachers disaggregated by high-poverty compared to low-poverty schools.
- Part V: Graduates Enrolled in Texas Institution of Higher Education (IHE) – Provides the percentage of students who enroll and begin instruction at an institution of higher education in the school year following high school graduation.
- Part VI: Statewide National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) Results – Provides most recent NAEP results for Texas showing reading and mathematics performance results and participation rates, disaggregated by student group.
If you have difficulty accessing the information from the website, hard copies of the reports are available at the district or campus office. If you have questions about the information, please contact:
Dr. Barbara Ybarra
Associate Superintendent for Teaching & Learning